This course from the American Heart Association has been updated to reflect new science based on the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in first aid, CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Online Course Part 1 is a Web-based, self-directed course. The course teaches students critical skills and knowledge needed to respond to and manage a first aid or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives.
Successful completion of the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Online Course includes three (3) parts:
- Part 1 online; can be completed in approximately 11/2 -2 1/2 hours
- Parts 2 and 3, hands-on skills practice and testing session with an authorized AHA Instructor.
(Time to complete skills practice and testing sessions vary.)
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
- Optional written test
Skills session sold separately.
For the Skills Evaluation the student must have their Certificate of Completion present to give to the Skills Instructor. (certificate should be provided from the American Hear Association website once student has completed the online portion)